Thursday, March 29, 2012

Happy As Can Be!!!

I do not have my own children. Maybe one day I will, but today during the program I think I got a small glimpse of what it will be like to beam with pride over my kids. YOUR STUDENTS, were absolutely amazing today. They, along with the other 3rd graders, led the entire school through time to learn about the history of South Carolina and then encouraged every teacher here at WHES. The rest of our day was so full of encouragement we could hardly get anything done. People kept stopping by the classroom to tell us just how much they loved the program.

When I woke up this morning, I knew that it was going to be a special day! My stomach was filled with butterflies, as were the kids when they arrived. Once we were all together on the stage though, it all just came together. How awesome were they? Our bell player, our drummer, our actors, and all of the singers and dancers were so good. Every student asked me if I cried on the last song. I had to tell them all no, because all of my tears came out when I heard those sweet little voices singing "Swing Low Sweet Chariot."

I hope you liked the program as well. DVDs should be back soon! So glad we had so many of them ordered. I would love for y'all to leave a comment here to tell the class how proud you were of them today. I will put the comments on the Promethean Board for all to see!

1 comment:

  1. It was a wonderful program. They all did such an awesome job. I wish history had been that fun for me- I had Ms Snoozy (lol). Great Job 3rd grade.

    ReplyDelete