Thursday, May 3, 2012

Song Writers!

Monday while I was running I came up with this catchy little diddy to the tune of "She'll Be Coming 'Round the Mountain/" to help students learn the 6 regions of South Carolina. I was in the middle of writing multiple verses when I got the idea to let the students write a verse for each of the other regions. Today was the day!!! I put students in cooperative learning groups and asked them to brainstorm all they knew about their assigned region. As they organized their thoughts, they attempted to work them into the verse. Take a peek at this video to see the learning happen! 


This was their final product!!!

In the Piedmont there are hills and va-a-leys
In the Piedmont there was textile industry!
At the foot of the mountains
Lived Catawaba, Yes sir ee,
While the Yemassee were chillin' at the beach.

Great job guys!!! All of the other groups did fantastic. The song will be featured in our 3rd grade program next year. Next week we will record them all and post them here. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I have heard this song over and over at home. It sounds great. The video will not play though.

    ReplyDelete