Monday, March 17, 2014

Marc Brown's Surprise!

This past Friday, I had the honor and privilege to speak with children's book author, Marc Brown. He wrote the Arthur series that inspired our 2nd grade Arthur's Reading Club. There isn't a day that goes by in my class that Mr. Brown isn't mentioned. It was so incredible to have the chance to speak with him! The kids were so excited about my conversation. I told him all about our club, the secret password and handshake, and that we start each club by dancing and singing to the Arthur Theme Song. 

During our conversation, he asked if he could send our club some goodies! Toda... they arrived!!! As you can imagine, the kids were a bit excited, and honestly, so was their teacher! I got my own autographed copy of a book recently illustrated by Mr. Brown and a poster! He sent enough books and goodies so that every class in 1st and 2nd grade received a surprise. 

Mr. Brown, we thank you so much for sharing your talents, your books, and your beloved Arthur with us! Hopefully you can visit us soon! 












No comments:

Post a Comment