Monday, October 13, 2014

Fuddrucker's Pumpkins

Every year Fuddrucker's brings pumpkins to our school and challenges teachers to decorate the best one. This was my first year jumping into this contest... well... I jumped in one other year, but there was a catastrophe!!! Click here to read about that

The reason I don't usually participate is because I always wayyyy over think the process. I want my pumpkin to be immaculate, and it usually turns out mediocre at best. This year, I decided to have fun and not worry about it, and look what happened... We place third in the competition! I could not believe it! We even get cookies from Fuddrucker's as a reward for our hard work. Fuddrucker's will pick up all the creative pumpkins and have them on display in the restaurant between now and Halloween. Be sure to stop by and see them in person!


Just in case you are wondering...the eyes, ears, nose, and teeth are made from Sculpey, a modeling clay that you bake in the oven. So glad I learned about this stuff at a workshop this summer! The hair is just curled construction paper, and the paint is just your basic acrylic paint! Maybe you can make your own artsy pumpkin at home. Anyone who does and emails me a pic will definitely get their own blog post!!!

You can see the incredible competition below. Great job to all the classes that participated! 

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle was 2nd place.








Elmer the Elephant won top honors!!! This is great! Good job Ms. Hicklin and Ms. Rollins!



No comments:

Post a Comment